[Hcoop-discuss] hcoop version control: yet another episode begins

Terrence Brannon metaperl at gmail.com
Fri May 26 13:41:03 EDT 2006

For some reason, each time we bring up the issue of an svn server, everyone
agrees and it never gets done. Each time I bring it up, I desperately need
it, but then resort to other options and then return to wishing it were here
centralized with my other stuff.

So, is there any possibility of setting up a task force which meets in
#hcoop on irc.freenode.net to get this done with once and for all?

I suppose we could also just do it via one of the hcoop mailing lists, but
whatever it takes, I think we really need to focus.

In the interest of subverting our focus, what version control systems should
we support besides svn? There are several out there - darcs, Arx, cvs, svn,
monotone. I should also mention that trac is an attractive overlay on svn
that I am also thinking might be a useful umbrella for all my open-source
escapades.