[Hcoop-discuss] Exempt organization update

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu May 4 16:35:39 EDT 2006

I just called the IRS to see what's up with out k1024 501(c)(12)
application that we filed back in September 19, 2005.  The long and
short of it is nothing has happened and nobody has looked at it--it was
assigned a number at the time and I had received a confirmation, but
since then it has been sitting in the inbox and has not yet been
assigned to an agent.  The IRS is no longer giving any time frames for
how long it will take for an agent to be assigned nor how long the
determination will take once it is assigned.  I was also told that they
could not tell me whether or not the amendment that I sent in on October
5 was received or processed, and that the only way to know would be to
talk to an agent once one is assigned, although we will not be informed
when this happens.

This is a sad state of affairs.  She also said that this was not out of
the ordinary.  I will probably call again in another month or two to see
if it has been assigned yet.