[Hcoop-discuss] Update to domtool for SVN authz files

holmesbj at hcoop.net holmesbj at hcoop.net
Wed Mar 8 03:23:40 EST 2006

domtool needs an update to support Subversion Authorization files.  The
line to be added in Apache looks like the following:

  AuthzSVNAccessFile ~/myrepos/conf/authz

Once that's added a full svn <Location> configuration in the domtool way
could look like the following:

<Location /svn/repos/rm-ext>
  DavSvn ~/myrepos/rm-ext

  # our access control policy
  AuthzSVNAccessFile ~/myrepos/conf/authz

  # only authenticated users may access the repository
  Require valid-user

  # how to authenticate a user
  BasicAuth ~/myrepos/conf/htauthuser "My Subversion Repository"
</Location>

If I've got something wrong there let me know.  I pieced it together from
looking at the domtool source.

>From looking at the other domtool code, I've taken a stab at writing what
needs to be added:

       | ["AuthzSVNAccessFile", authzFile] =>
         if not (!openLocation orelse !openDirectory) then
             Domtool.error (path, "can only use BasicAuth inside
Location/Directory")
	 else if not (checkPath (paths, authFile)) then
	     Domtool.error (path, "not authorized to use " ^ authzFile)
	 else
             TextIO.output (vhosts, String.concat
                                        ["\tAuthzSVNAccessFile ",
authzFile, "\n"])

I can test/patch the code but I don't know how I'd do that for domtool.
I'm assuming administrator access is required.  If you'd like to give me
some guidance on your testing procedures, I'd be glad to test it out.
If you want to talk to me you can reach me on AIM or, with notice, IRC.

--
Brian Holmes
IRC: holmesbj