[Hcoop-discuss] IRS information

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sat Jun 24 21:57:39 EDT 2006

Two new updates from the IRS:

1. 2005 Tax return.
I got an amended information from the IRS today, reflecting our tax
payments and reducing the penalties accordingly.  There was still about
$15 in penalties and interest, which I sent in today since these were
timeliness-related as I promised earlier--I will not bill the coop for
that.  So 2005 taxes are now over and done with.

2. 501(c)(12) tax exemption
As I mentioned earlier, I got a request for information from the IRS
last week and sent the requested information (with some schedules that
Adam helped to collect).  Yesterday I spoke to the agent assigned to our
file.  She verified that the information was received the previous day
but had not had a chance yet to review it.  However from speaking to her
I am optimistic that there will be a quick determination now.  She will
call me if more information is needed and I have her number so that I
can touch bases directly if nothing happens.

I will go over the meeting minutes and I will be sure to attend the one
next week.  I am also in the process of moving house right now, due to a
sudden change in situation I can't renew my present lease.  I will mail
the registered agent in PA to update our address (and also get USPS to
forward my mail).  My new address is:
84-63 168th Place
Jamaica NY 11432