[HCoop-Discuss] So close to dues goals :-)

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Fri Jul 28 13:08:44 EDT 2006

Re: my experiment at:
    https://members.hcoop.net/portal/pledge

To reach our goal of membership for $5/mo., we need a total of 150
pledge units.  (In other words, member pledges need to be such that dues
are calculated as if we had 150 members.)  The current total in the
experiment (counting some people who have just been approved to join) is
113, which leaves 37 to go.

Thus, at least 37 out of 70 members increasing their pledges by single
units would bring us to our goal, 19 out of 70 adding two units would
achieve the same, etc..

So, the question is, can we get this to happen with our current
membership levels, or should we instead decide to wait for ~37 new
members before proceeding with the new scheme?  I'm inclined to move to
it is quickly as possible, scaling down pledge levels afterward as new
members join, since every member who joins before the switch will have
to do some non-trivial amount of work in migration.