[HCoop-Discuss] Book Affiliate Program?

Justin S. Leitgeb leitgebj at hcoop.net
Wed Jul 12 16:53:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

Recently, I wanted to make a hyperlink where readers of my site could
purchase a book that I referenced.  I was thinking that since my web
site is hosted by HCoop, it would be nice to generate some money for the
cooperative with an affiliate program.  Would it be possible to set up
an HCoop account with an affiliate program for a bookseller like
Powell's (http://www.powells.com) for our members to use?  I would
prefer Powell's over someone like Amazon, because I have the impression
that they are more socially responsible.  I would definitely be open to
suggestions about other booksellers that have similar programs.

Please let me know what you think about this and if it is something that
you think would be possible.  Also I would be willing to contact any
booksellers about our eligibility to do this as a cooperative if it
seems like a possibility.

Thanks!

Justin