[HCoop-Discuss] No Google Checkout

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Jul 8 12:07:05 EDT 2006

Franklin Gordon Bynum wrote:

>Here is the response from Google.  In short- the service is intended for
>the sale of tangible goods only at this point, they say.  If anyone has
>a response/counter-argument for them, let me know and I'll pass it
>along.

This confirms an opinion I developed based on some posts I came upon
randomly in a forum, where folks complained about needing to provide
detailed return policy information to sign up, etc..  We would have a
hard time doing that.

Given this information, I think that PayPal remains the best choice I
know of.  Wells Fargo's rates are worse for our volume, as we don't
process enough money to make their slightly lower service percentage
offset their monthly fee.  If someone else wants to poke around for
other credit card processors, then feel free, but I'm going to consider
this closed for now.  The Invisible Hand really has made PayPal the best
competitor in its area.

Re: lifting the PayPal withdrawl limit, I am attempting to get this done
by "adding a credit card."  Although all we have is a debit card, the
process is working so far.  I'll report on the results when I know them.