[Hcoop-discuss] Payment services

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Jul 5 14:20:12 EDT 2006

Adam Chlipala wrote:

>Nathan Kennedy wrote:
>

>>I think we should sign up for Google Checkout ASAP.
>>

>I know Wells Fargo offers a payment processing service that could
>conveniently deposit right into our bank account.  I'll give them a ring
>early this week to find out what rates they're willing to offer us.

I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo Merchant Services and updated
the wiki page with the results:
    http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/PaymentProcessing

credit card volume are better than PayPal's but worse then Google
Checkout's.  It seems like the only advantage WF can offer is negligibly
easier depositing into our bank account, since they run that, too.

So about our concerns on if Google Checkout's terms of use rule out our
usage model, should we contact them explicitly to make sure that we're
kosher?  I'd feel better doing that than in trying to sneak under the
radar.  Also, we're hoping to change our payment scheduling soon away
from pre-paying into a balance; maybe that would affect Checkout
eligibility.