[Hcoop-discuss] Next hardware configuration/Email service

Karl Chen quarl at cs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 30 19:10:35 EST 2006

I think the first thing to decide is if we want a transparent
distributed file system like AFS/Coda/etc, or an exposed system
like you describe with rsync and synchronization commands.

Adam, it sounds like you favor control and performance over
synchronization and ease of use, which would mean rsync instead of
AFS.

Personally I think AFS would be easier and tweakable enough for
performance concerns.

We're talking about all servers being hosted in the same place, so
intra-server bandwidth is free, right?

--
Karl 2006-01-30 16:02