[Hcoop-discuss] Help plan our next server set-up!

leitgebj at hcoop.net leitgebj at hcoop.net
Fri Jan 20 11:21:30 EST 2006

Hi all,

First I would like to say hello to everyone, and congratulations for
starting such an important cooperative, both technically and socially.
Technically, it seems that we are certainly going down the correct path to
achieve efficient and reliable hosting.  Socially, I am proud to be part
of a cooperative that stands in a position not only to offer democratic
hosting, but to help us move towards a more democratic society as a whole
by providing a relatively non-commoditized, shared, hosting space.

As society becomes more dependent on the internet as a medium of
communication, I believe that cooperatives such as hcoop.net will become
increasingly important to our society by providing space for diverse
voices  to exist on the internet, thereby participating in the democratic
process.  It is in this respect that I particularly look forward to my
membership in the hcoop.net organization.

Second, and related to this goal, please include me in the committee that
is developing the architecture of hcoop.net.  I am looking forward to
learning and, when possible, helping the cooperative to grow.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Justin S. Leitgeb (new hcoop.net member)