[Hcoop-discuss] Server pricing

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Feb 8 00:41:08 EST 2006

Justin S. Leitgeb wrote:

>Based on our discussions, and from looking at our utilization of fyodor,
>buying two of these (one for login and user files, the other hcoop
>administration and services, including IMAP) should keep us going for a
>while quite comfortably.  So, a starting hardware package, in my
>estimate, would cost $4224, with basic redundancy and room to grow.

So you don't think it's appropriate to have a dedicated file server?  I
thought that we had definitely agreed on using a shared filesystem in a
services" server be the one with the terabytes of storage attached to
it?  (I have no doubt that even the current membership size could
gainfully use a terabyte of disk space if we announced that we could
support arbitrary amounts of it.)