[Hcoop-discuss] Web-enabled searching of the mailing list

Brian Templeton bpt at tunes.org
Tue Feb 7 02:49:02 EST 2006

ntk at hcoop.net writes:

>> Do we have any web pages setup that would allow us to search an archive of
>> the mailing lists?
>>
>> -Rob
>
> cd /home/mailman/archives/public/hcoop-discuss
> grep "incriminating phrase from the past" *.txt
>
> That's not web-based, although it would be easy enough to wrap some perl
> around it and call it a search engine.  Or we could have ht://dig crawl
> our site.  I don't know if it's worth the effort though.  A minority of
> our users even read the list, most of the few that are going to do more
> than randomly troll the archives are probably handy enough with grep.

ISTM that it would be useful to have Gmane (http://www.gmane.org/)
subscribe to the mailing lists; this would give us the option of
accessing them with NNTP, as well as allowing web-based browsing
searching of the archives. No effort on our part, beyond filling out a
form.

I can go ahead and add them to Gmane, if nobody objects. Would
gmane.org.hcoop.{announce,discuss,misc} be okay?

--
  /\    Brian Templeton <bpt at tunes.org>  http://bpt.tunes.org/
    \    ( The Queer Liberation Wiki, http://queerwiki.org/ )