[Hcoop-discuss] IRS

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Mon Feb 6 09:11:17 EST 2006

I just called the IRS.  They said that our application has not been
reviewed or assigned to an agent yet, and that "unfortunately, due to a
backlog of applications" they are not able to give a response within the
120-day window that they are supposed to (and which has already elapsed),
nor are they able to give an estimate as to how long it will be before it
is assigned to an agent.

All they could say was that they have the application on file and that
someone will get to it eventually.

I resisted saying that due to a backlog in paperwork, I am unable to meet
the April 15 filing deadline, but that I have my 1040 tax return on file
and will get to it, eventually.

So, this could take a while.