[Hcoop-discuss] Web-enabled searching of the mailing list

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Fri Feb 3 23:06:37 EST 2006

> Do we have any web pages setup that would allow us to search an archive of
> the mailing lists?
>
> -Rob

cd /home/mailman/archives/public/hcoop-discuss
grep "incriminating phrase from the past" *.txt

That's not web-based, although it would be easy enough to wrap some perl
around it and call it a search engine.  Or we could have ht://dig crawl
our site.  I don't know if it's worth the effort though.  A minority of
our users even read the list, most of the few that are going to do more
than randomly troll the archives are probably handy enough with grep.

In "The Future" when hcoop has a vast administrative intranet with reams
of documentation and corporate memos, then perhaps we should have various
sitesearch options.  (the wiki is already searchable through moin.cgi)