[Hcoop-discuss] Concerns regarding the new server plan

rob at hcoop.net rob at hcoop.net
Fri Feb 3 21:08:15 EST 2006

Hello,

I try to keep up with the mailing lists but I occasionally fall behind, so
if I am bringing something up that someone else has already addressed I
apologize.

It feels like it was just a month ago that we switched from Abu to Fyodor.
 It's unfortunate we weren't able to anticipate this need for a better,
more capable, server prior to our migration from Abu.

I am concerned that because of the potential growth of HCoop this process
of integrating new servers and migrating user data to these servers could
happen rather frequently.  Or, at least frequently enough that it feels
inconvenient for me to need to go through steps similar to what we did
last time (http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/MemberMigration).

Is anyone thinking of a way to migrate user data that will have less
impact on the members?

-Rob