[Hcoop-discuss] hcoop.net or hosting.coop? Time for a new domain name?

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Feb 2 21:53:00 EST 2006

h.coop is not valid, because .coop rules (which are a lot stricter than
.com) forbid domain names less than three characters long.

hcoop.coop is redundant, if we were getting a .coop name hosting.coop
would make much more sense & I think it's available.  naturally we will
always want to hold on to hcoop.net.

.coop starts at $99 a year.  I don't think we can justify another $99/year
cost yet for something that frivolous.  of course we might regret if
someone later takes hosting.coop, but I'm sure we could find another
alternative.  in any event the strict rules requiring .coop domains to be
co-ops or related means it is quite sparseley populated.

-ntk