[HCoop-Discuss] Fixing warped rails

Matthew Craig matthew.t.craig at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 18:50:51 EST 2006

Hi, I do field work for Dell, specifically for their servers and SANs.  This
looks like rails for their 1U 1855 model.  The bend on the front can be
fixed with a pair of pliers and carefully bending the sheet metal back into
place.  Make sure the tips of the pliers are aligned with the original
bend.  Sorry, the second picture is not clear to me what is wrong, but
pehaps you can bend that as well.

If all else fails, then send me your server service tag, contact
information, and shipping address.  I will get new rails shipped out to you
and provide you with a case number to track the parts.  ...assuming the
server is under support.  It is under support, right?  Either way, feel free
to contact me for any other questions - especially about dealing with Dell,
matthewcraig @ AIM  or  this email address @ Gmail.

Good luck, guys.
Matthew "teer" Craig