[HCoop-Discuss] Fixing warped rails

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Mon Dec 18 15:18:47 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 14:16 -0500, John T. Settino wrote:
> A simple "metal shop" version of straightening bent metal is to put it
> into a vice and tap it flat with a hammer (preferably ball-peen for metal).
>
> Then again, I don't know what kind of metal this is or what kind of
> tools Nathan has at his disposal.

That might work, I haven't got a vice or ball peen hammer though.  It's
pretty solid stainless steel, but obviously not unbendable.

The shop doesn't have to be around 75 Broad (I doubt there's anything
suitable right in the financial district), the bent rail (only one rail
is bent) is at my house in Jamaica Queens anyway right now.  I can get
anywhere in the 5 boroughs, Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn being
preferred in that order.