[HCoop-Discuss] Spam

Aaron Hsu arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Mon Dec 4 23:16:14 EST 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:09 PM, Adam Chlipala wrote:

> John T. Settino wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 9:24 pm, Adam Chlipala wrote:
>>
>>> Receiving spam is just such a
>>> non-problem today.
>>
>> I'm glad this is not a problem for you. My spam folder receives
>> over 100
>> spam emails a day, at least 25~ of which are the return-to-sender
>> errors
>> for spam someone is sending spoofing my domain in the From field.
>
> Anything being filtered automatically into a spam folder shouldn't
> be a
> problem for you, either.

I get quite a few "false positives" daily that I catch inside my spam
folder. As such I don't always have the liberty of just deleting
what's in there.

On the other hand, I also use what I would consider a rather good
spam prevention method, where my main e-mail address is generally
hidden from the public, and I have a public address that I use as
well, that way, if it all comes down to it I can filter based on
addresses and know that the really important stuff I am receiving.

--
Aaron Hsu
misc at sacrificumdeo.net