[HCoop-Discuss] Spam

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Dec 4 21:26:41 EST 2006

rob at hcoop.net wrote:

>Its sad that the source of publication in my case is our own organization.

It's only sad if you view publishing e-mail addresses as a malicious
act, instead of a way of facilitating communication.

>Is it really necessary for the rest of the internet to have direct access
>to our email addresses -- or even the list to begin with?

I think such openness is attractive to a good slice of our potential
membership base.

In any case, though I've been de-facto in charge of setting up such
things in the past and present, others will be in the driver's seat on
our new servers, and it will be up to them how to configure our archives.