[HCoop-Discuss] EnvironmentalPolicy

Bill Allen ballen at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 1 06:07:38 EST 2006

As Nathan has said many times in this thread, energy credits are a well
establish mechanism that consumers can leverage to allow the market
system to influence energy policy. If one disagrees with the policy
choice (renewable, green energy vs. polluting, green-house enhancing
energy), then one would disagree with this proposal. But as a way for
individuals and organizations to influence that policy, I find that the
mechanism is better than hoping our respective governments will
formulate the appropriate policies and put them in place in a timely manner.

I am in complete agreement with Nathan's proposal to purchase the credits.

Bill