[Hcoop-discuss] Tax redux

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Mon Apr 17 19:17:27 EDT 2006

As I noted earlier, I sent HCOOP's 2005 income tax return out on
Saturday.  I just sent out the tax payment (of $143) by first class
mail.  I had to wait until today because payment cannot be made with the
tax return, but instead has to be sent to a depository bank or to a
payment office in Missouri, accompanied by an original IRS coupon that
for some stupid reason cannot be printed out.  This meant I had to go to
the IRS office located in the seventh circle of hell (cleverly disguised
as midtown Manhattan) and do the whole bureaucratic dance of going
through airport-worthy security complete with strip-search and laptop
check (it could be a BOMB), then waiting in line to get a number to wait
to talk to someone so they can give you a form so you can send them a check.

Anyway, that's all taken care of now and hopefully we will never have to
do it again.  Although if we have to I'll order preprinted coupons in
advance so that this kind of BS is unnecessary.