[Hcoop-discuss] Tax forms

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Apr 13 22:01:17 EDT 2006

Our secretary Nathan Kennedy, who had volunteered to handle HCoop's IRS
tax forms for this year, seems to be AWOL.  Though we've applied for tax
exempt status, the IRS has fallen behind and not stayed within their
posted time limit for how long it takes to decide on a case, and so our
case is currently undecided.  Nathan seemed to indicate that the forms
were basically done weeks ago, but I don't think he ever posted the
completed forms so that the rest of us could complete the submission
process.  I haven't been able to contact him this week, including
through explicit e-mail queries asking what's going on.

Since the postmark deadline for US tax returns is this Saturday, it
seems that there's no reasonable choice but to assume that we will have
to prepare the forms again from scratch by post-office closing times on
Saturday.  I'm sending this message as a heads-up to anyone who might
have any special prior knowledge that would make doing this particularly
easy.  I believe that all of our financial records are available online,
though those for transactions that took place prior to our move to our
current main server are only immediately accessible to people who were
members before then.  (I can give any other volunteers access easily
enough.)

I'm not planning to do anything tonight, and I'm going to try calling
Nate on the phone tomorrow morning if he hasn't show signs of life by
then.  I'll send another e-mail to this list if I have to conclude that
re-doing the forms is really our only option.