[Hcoop-discuss] rsnapshot problems

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 8 14:10:36 EDT 2006

rsnapshot, the tool that we use for automatic on-disk backup, has
stopped working in the last few days.  You can see the high-level
picture of what is going wrong in /var/log/rsnapshot.log.  /bin/cp fails
during a large copying job.  When I run it manually, it terminates with
errors like:

/bin/cp: cannot access
`/home/backup/rsnapshot/daily.0/localhost/home/someone/somefile': Cannot
allocate memory
/bin/cp: memory exhausted

Does anyone knowledgeable about such things know if there is some way we
can fix this?  It might be related to our use of ulimits.