[Hcoop-discuss] New member application waiting period?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Oct 17 12:25:32 EDT 2005

We've carried over an unofficial policy of waiting at least two days
from the time a potential member applies to join and the time when we
approve his application.  This descends from the time when HCoop was
completely informal and new members joined by being introduced by
current members.

Does anyone see benefit to keeping this sort of policy now?  The portal
allows you to view pending membership applications, and the logs show
that this is the 4th most popular part of the portal.  This includes
lots of admin hits to that page, though.

Should we remove the waiting period and add new members as soon as a
majority of board members vote to approve their applications?  Or should
we keep the waiting period, perhaps shortening it?