[Hcoop-discuss] Next steps for HCoop

Tanveer Singh tanveer at hcoop.net
Tue Nov 29 21:30:06 EST 2005

On 11/30/05, Franklin Gordon Bynum <fbynum at usc.edu> wrote:

> The "best hosting provider" question gets asked once in a while, perhaps
> we should wait until it posts again then post a long comment that will
> get modded to 5.  It could be blather, all long comments get modded to 5
> :)  But for our sake we'll make it a good comment.
>
> Adam Chlipala wrote:
> > Michael Leonhard wrote:
> >
> >> I think that it's a good idea to manipulate Slashdot in order to get
> more
> >> members.
> >>
> > I don't agree.  I think that it is quite possible that this could give
> > many people a first impression of HCoop as a group of underhanded
> > scoundrels who use misleading advertising techniques.

That happens if a story is posted as with hcoop among the links. However If
the comments list a hcoop user talks about hcoop, then no such thing will
happen. But a high modded comment will lead to hoards, and since increasing
disk space is not an option we have, accommodating will be a bigger problem.
We need about 50-70 more members and not thousands