[Hcoop-discuss] Web design tweaked

Anil K. Narayanan anil at hcoop.net
Mon Nov 14 10:49:22 EST 2005

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:
> j.c.hallgren at juno.com wrote:
>> Would it be possible to get the portal to fit on one screen when
>> viewed on, for example, a 1024x768 screen using IE and having a
>> sidebar (Favorites/History/etc) open? When I use my PeoplePC email,
>> they have the LogOut at bottom of list of items so I have to page
>> down to get at it. At small detail, but quite irritating to use, so
>> don't wish the same for this portal.
>
> I would expect that that would lead to crowding.  Besides, we don't have
> a "log off" option. ;-)

I liked the way many portals have important links, like, but not necessarily,
log-off, at the top right corner in relatively smaller sized text. Wikipedia's,
our moin moin default setup and Yahoo to name a few.

How about getting to a poll to select colors themes ? Probably we could have
have ideas from various portals that we like most (or want hcoop portal to
be like). W.r.t layout, I liked the arbornet.org homepage layout (although its not
exactly a sit-and-read kind of a page which many of us prefer).
--
Anil
http://hcoop.net/~anil/