[Bond-users] dbobject issues

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Mon Nov 19 19:20:35 EST 2012

On Tuesday 20 November 2012 00:04:02 Colin Close wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've run into a bit of a problem with naming "dbobj's". I have some xml
> which starts off in the normal manner with a window title and a dbobject.
> This is fine.
> Slightly further down the xml I open a "vbox" which contains a "dbobj" as
> follows:-
>
> <vbox name="xmas_ref" longname="xmas_ref" border="8" homogeneous="true">
> 			<dbobject name="xmas_ref">
> 				<sql>
> 					SELECT to_char(current_timestamp, 'YYYY') AS xmas_year;
> 					NOTIFY pidone32;
> 				</sql>
>
> 			</dbobject>
>
> According to the DTD this is a legal construct but when I run it I get
> this:-
>
> Error: src/bondxml.c: 2411: bondxml_parsewidget_adddb(): <dbobject> naming
> inconsistent. addinfo_xmas !=
> xmas_ref/frame639:138/box640:139/frame641:141/box642:151/box664:250/hbox665:
> 252. This could cause potentially problems or confusion.
> Keep widget and dbobject names the same.
>
> As far as I can see this should work so I must be doing something wrong but
> I can't figure out what. I've also attached the full xml so that context
> can be examined,
>
> Best,
> Colin Close
>
> Any Ideas?

Dear, Oh Dear,
I must be more careful when reading bond error messages, I was changing the
wrong widget I thought it was xmas_ref that was the problem but it was
addinfo_xmas. I haven't looked at this bit of code for a while and had
forgotten that dbobj was there. Sorry for the noise.
Hope you have finally settled in your new offices.
Best,
Colin Close