[Bond-users] Bond build breakage and a few queries

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Sun Mar 11 15:31:31 EDT 2012

Hi all,
You probably know this but just in case.
Bond build is broken at commit d11ca76af460457f1fc0efb35ffa5305e9cfbdd6
bondmain.c gives an error of an undeclared identifier.
While I'm on, I am working on the autoconf branch to bring it up to date for
the new matrix code. Will the old stuff be deprecated and matrix built in as
standard or should I maintain all the various build options that are currently
available for that  code?
A few other questions:--
I have started using Sytex Serna free edition for my xml  development and in
some areas it does make things easier as one can use the dtd for verification.
Using it though has thrown up a couple of issues. The first is with the
bond.dtd there appears to be a line in it which Serna fails on with a "file
not found" error. These lines:---
<!-- this entity loads the bcconfig settings, system environment etc...
directly into xml entities -->
        <!ENTITY % CONFIG_ENT SYSTEM "bond::config_entities">%CONFIG_ENT;
Seem to indicate that some data is required but what form this data takes and
where it should be located I just can't work out. I have commented out the
line in the dtd being used by Serna and it all seems to work but I'm not sure
whether I am breaking something by doing this!!

I am also having trouble indicating to Serna what dtd to use(I have to select
it for every bond file I load). It seems impossible the embed a DOCTYPE line
in a bond xml file (except the master) at least all my attempts blow out the
parser.  The master file has a DOCTYPE line. Is the intention that one loads
this as a kind of master sheet which tells the editor what to expect in the
way of files for a particular dtd?
Is it classed as an xml catalogue? Please excuse my ignorance.
Best
Colin Close