[Bond-users] New Sample Application

Liam O'Boyle liam at treshna.com
Tue Jul 7 03:02:51 EDT 2009

Afternoon all,

A few things to announce to those who might be interested.

* A new sample application has been added to bond, available under
trunk/samples/languagedb.  I'm learning Thai at the moment and was
writing something to help me with my revision and thought I'd check it
in for others to look at.  It's small and simple, so a good sample
application for those who are just starting to develop bond
applications.

* Lists have had the ability to specify the font size for a long time,
either directly with the fontsize attribute or by specifying a
configuration variable with the fontsizeconfig attribute (which allows
you to set the size in the config variable and then use it in multiple
locations in your application).  This has recently been extended to
support individual columns, entries, labels and textviews as well and
can be easily added to most other widgets.

* The fontsize and fontsizeconfig values previously only supported
static values, e.g. 12, 14 and whatnot.  You can now specify sizes
relative to the default, e.g. +2 to be two points higher than default,
*1.5 to be one and half times the default, -3 to be three points less
and so on.

* A new settab API call has been added to manually switch which page of
a notebook is currently selected.  This has also been added into the
grabfocus api call, so that if you focus a widget on a notebook page,
then that page will also be switched to.

Hope that these are of use to some people.

Liam