[Bond-users] Custom login.xml

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Mon Sep 1 10:24:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 04:56:58 -0700 (PDT)
Ganimede <newtoolbox at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've alredy use login.xml file to ha a login popup window. Is it
> posibile to customize login.xml to have also server name and db
> name ? I would liket that my users digit server name and db name at
> each login due we have several database and two servers.

Oi,

Here's Dru's response to a related question I had last year. I expect
the logic can be used for the server field too:

> Also, one offtopic question, how is the login.xml file from bond
> trunk supposed to be used? Can you really display this window and
> have user type in username/password to connect to postgres? I
> thought this information was embedded in the .conf file and you
> couldn't change it before connection.

User interface is initialised first, then the database.
It use to work, I haven't tested it in a year so theres always the
chance it could of broken somewhere along the line.  But it is all
written, and should work.

set this in config file
db_login_xml=login.xml
bond will look at pgusername/pgpassword etc and use them to connect
instead of the config values.

You can then modify the editable or visibility of widgets with the
security flag, so you can turn of parts of the app to certain postgresql
roles/groups (also has not been tested in a while)

---
The thread is archived on
https://lists.hcoop.net/pipermail/bond-users/2007-August/thread.html

Cya,