[Bond-users] release update

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Wed Oct 31 10:06:33 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 08:54:28AM -0400, Jeff Watson wrote:
> Whats really the advantage of using scons instead of make!? Is it just
> preference or are there actually capabilities within scons being used? The
> build instructions are certainly very different than most project
> distributions i have used. Curious...

The instructions are the same as for almost every scons
compile: scons && scons install.

There's enough GNU Make pro & con articles on the web so you could
look them up.

All projects I saw that used scons were easy to install and
worked literally with scons && scons install.

Those compile problems that past few guys had were related to their
build setup and their (in)experience with compiling software, not
with Bond or scons.

Cya,
-doc