[Bond-users] release update

Dru dru at treshna.com
Tue Oct 30 23:50:15 EDT 2007

Hello.

I sent an email before about the new version of bond, I thought I'd say
it again with a
brief overview of the changes since 2.4.3.

The major enhancements :

This release is a big improvement over the previous version of bond, and
has been long delayed for release.

Newer widgets, and improvements to existing widgets. Calender widget,
color widget, file chooser, changing of colors & fonts, better date/time
support. Timer triggers, have timed events that can open new windows or
run sql queries. Ability to run sql patches within your application.
User administration and locking down parts of the application down to
certain users, customized error messages - raise errors in SQL which
follow back to the user interface.  Support for keystroke triggers, so
you can write applications that interface with barcodes, magstrip
readers etc.   Revised of build system.  And many many bug fixes, and
many other new features.

I havn't built the windows system binaries yet. Does anyone use these
binaries? I'm just wondering? Or our installer maker? I'm just wondering
what stuff should be kept in the release, and what should be trimmed
back to keep the size of the downloads down.

Also, if you havn't already registered, you can register at
http://bugzilla.treshna.com
This is where much of where the development talk, and bugs are logged.
So if there
is something pesky about bond you have noticed and you want it fix, let
us know.

http://www.treshna.com/bond/
http://www.treshna.com/downloads/bond-2.7.0.tar.gz

--