[Bond-users] Fedora & Bond From Source

Piers Rowan piers.rowan at extrastaff.com.au
Tue Oct 16 18:47:16 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 18:08 -0400, Colin Close wrote:
> Davor Ocelic wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 04:06:54PM -0400, Colin Close wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All
> >>
> >> I had this recently the only way I found to solve it was to set the
> >> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/bin/pkgconfig
> >> Then I built bondb2 independently made sure the the bonddb2 pkgconfig
> >> file actually ends up in /usr/local/bin/ if not copy it there. Then
> >> build bond (with the PKG_CONFIG_PATH still set to /usr/local/bin). Its a
> >> bodge but it gets the job done. I actually used the svn source of about
> >> three weeks ago so the problem is in svn too.

Thanks to everyone for heir help with this, unfortunately I am still
having issues:

I have downloaded the svn source for each bond and bonddb and I have set
the PGK_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/bin/pkgconfig.

The bonddb source seems to compile without error. Below are the output
from some commands.

I really appreciate your help with this, scons is *very* new to me and
any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Piers

[root at mt trunk]# pkg-config bonddb2 --modversion
Package bonddb2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `bonddb2.pc'
No package 'bonddb2' found

[root at mt trunk]# ls /usr/lib/pkgconfig/
artsc.pc       bonddb2.pc  gdk.pc            gweather.pc      libcurl.pc
libssl.pc      ogg.pc      vmware-vix.pc  vorbis.pc
avahi-qt3.pc   bonddb.pc   gtk-engines-2.pc  libckyapplet.pc
libgnomeui-2.0.pc  libuser.pc     openssl.pc  vorbisenc.pc
bondcommon.pc  dbus-1.pc   gtk+.pc           libcrypto.pc
libpcsclite.pc     libxml-2.0.pc  qt-mt.pc    vorbisfile.pc

[root at mt trunk]# echo $PGK_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/local/bin/pkgconfig

[root at mt src]# /sbin/ldconfig

[root at mt trunk]# scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for C header file string.h... yes
Checking for libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0... yes
Checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.6.0... yes
Checking for libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.6.0... yes
Checking for bonddb2 >= 2.3.02... no
bonddb2 >= 2.3.0 failed. Install latest version of bonddb
Checking for C header file c-client/mail.h... no
libc-client-dev is not installed.
Client library for mail protocols.
This package is required for email support within bond.
install it or build with EMAIL=0 to disable email support
Not using maxtix
Package bonddb2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `bonddb2.pc'
No package 'bonddb2' found
OSError: 'pkg-config --cflags --libs bonddb2 gtk+-2.0  glib-2.0
gmodule-2.0 libxml-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0' exited 1:
  File "/home/piers/bond/trunk/SConstruct", line 129:
    +' glib-2.0 gmodule-2.0 libxml-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0' )
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 1134:
    return function(self, self.backtick(command))
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 473:
    raise OSError("'%s' exited %d" % (command, status))
[root at mt trunk]#

[root at mt trunk]# ls /usr/local/include/bo*
bcconfig.h  bcgarbage.h  bcmem.h        bonddbfield.h   bonddbglobal.h
bonddbid.h    bonddbloadby.h  bonddbparse.h   bonddbpurify.h
bonddbwrite.h
bcdebug.h   bc.h         bonddbarray.h  bonddbfilter.h  bonddb.h
bonddbinit.h  bonddbobj.h     bonddbplugin.h  bonddbrecord.h
sql_parser.h
[root at mt trunk]#