[Bond-users] Using search with views

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 8 17:32:06 EST 2007

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether the <search> tag works with a view my efforts
with it seem to be futile. I'm using bits of code from the Paymaster app
since it does an awful lot of what I need to do.
Here's a snippet I'm sure the structure is correct but it simply will
not work.

    <dbobject name="visit-maintenance">
            <sql>SELECT visit_maintenance.* FROM visit_maintenance ORDER
BY surname</sql>
            <search field="surname" opr="halflike" casesensitive="false">
                <widget>empnamesearch</widget>
            </search>
            <search field="firstname" opr="halflike" casesensitive="false">
                <widget>empnamesearch</widget>
            </search>
        <loadall/>
    </dbobject>

The table visit-maintenance is a view of a join between two tables on a
single field.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Colin Close