[Bond-users] Statically built bond - is it possible?

Dru dru at treshna.com
Wed May 9 08:41:01 EDT 2007

You'll still need the gtk and associated libraries, so I'm not sure if
statically linking uigtk is enough. bond_uigtk is designed to be loaded
dynamically at run time (not link time). bond_uigtk can be statically
linked directly to bondfrontend with a bit of work. You could statically
link bond_uigtk, and all the gtk libraries.

ui_plugin.c would need slight modification to not load the modules (see
plugin_create()), and the export of functions should continue to work
fine with statically linked functions. Though I had a bug with
dynamically calling statically linked functions last year on some
systems though its hard to reproduce.

Ideally you could copy the uigtk directory, create a uiqt directory and
replace all the calls with libqt calls and that would be a cleaner
better long term solution.

I've built varies libraries in bond statically before, but not uigtk
yet. I first of all do experimenting by doing the linking manually with
gcc. Theres no simple option I know of with scons for library types.