[Bond-users] Can't compile bonddb

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Tue May 8 04:37:33 EDT 2007

Hi Ibrahim,

I didn't touch scons I edited the source. The file you need to hack in
Bond is pgsql/binding_pgsql.c; I simply pre-pended the path to my
includes to libpq-fe.h.
I didn't do it with scons because its not possible (well, not simple) to
get scons to accept environment variables from the shell although I
believe this can be done.
With regard to libraries thats fixable with a symbolic link. If you
don't know this then "man ln" will give you some help.
Before I get jumped on I must say that this is a very bad way of doing
things and it really should be sorted via the build system. The old
configure/make build system had mechanisms for getting round these kind
of difficulties scons however is much more disciplined but has the
advantage of being blisteringly fast.

Best

Colin Close