[Bond-users] Some bond code

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Mon Jan 15 21:17:40 EST 2007

Hi Dru,

Here is a typical example of the sort of searches and functions that I
have to run.
The data I am working with is not very SQL friendly so using functions
both in the query and within plpg is essential to be able to get the
results I need.

The function "tetly_classic fills a results table with the top level
assembly and its components from a Bill of Materials. The actual top
level assembly is supplied as an argument to the function.

I have also attached a tbagnew.xml which is a very hacked version of
members.xml . This is my attempt to get this function working.
Of course it doesn't work but it serves as an illustration of the sort
of think I need to do.

The field aliases in the sql that calls the function was an attempt to
cheat bond in doing what I wanted it allowed the xml to run but of
course it wouldn't work as the sql syntax is screwy.

I am assuming here that I am right in saying that this can't be done at
the moment. If I am wrong so much the better.

The ability to be able to call search functions via sql I think would be
a useful addition to bond
 There does however seem to be a fundamental problem in that it does not
seem to be possible to declare an object that will receive data back
from a function called by sql unless it is modifying an already existing
table which bondb has loaded data for.

I would like to get some code written to do this but before I do
anything I would be grateful for your comments about the idea and any
suggestions as to how you think something like this should be implemented.

Best

Colin Close