[Bond-users] Wibdows Build

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 27 21:24:59 EST 2007

Hi Dru,

Thanks for your replies I have to use Bond on win2k so it looks like
I'll have to do a build with "EMAIL=0 ".  But then I wrote my mail last
night but today I had discussions with the users and they said they
would be happy to run it in a VNC session so that saves alot of grief
 since I have set up a Linux svn server I can run it from that. I will
give the win2k thing a try though. There is talk of treshna-crosstools
are they in the repositary (how the hell do you spell that word!!!!). I
don't recall seeing them.

I have a couple of other queries if you wouldn't mind helping.

The first is to do with the search tag. A "search" tag requires an
"entry" tag  so for a simple search on one item this works fine  but say
you want to allow your user to choose from N fields what they search on.
The situation then arises that you have to include not only "entry" tags
but "field " tags as well. This means that your form requires six
"areas" for data three for entry and three for display this gets a bit
cumbersome. I thought I could add a "field" tag to each "entry" tag but
alas the box is greyed out until there is data returned so you can't
search. I then came up with the wizard wheeze of putting a "condition"
tag around the "field"  tag for example the following code ungreys the
"area" and allows data entry. I've used this example to illustrate a
possible bug. A more conventional approach using null and visible also
works.

<entry name="d_desc" grabfocus="false">
                            <condition convert="strlen" opr="equal"
value="1"          action="" argument="">
                                <field>d_desc</field>
                            </condition>
  </entry>

Doing this allows data entry into the field and allows field that were
not used in the search term to be filled with return values which is
just what I wanted.; well not quite because if you then want to do a
re-search you have to clear all the other search fields that have been
filled by the previous search. My question is is there any mechanism
available to allow blanking of of search fields if a new entry is
started in one of then?

The other query is regarding a possible close/shutdown bug where if a
large number of records have been loaded into a list box using a "like"
type search Bond seems to take forever to close the form. It seems lime
it is doing a comitt of all the records loaded even though the debugging
message indicates that no records have been altered. This happens
regardless of whether the fields are set to "read only". I will report
this in more detail on bugzilla when it is up again if you think that
this is a bug.

Best

Colin Close