[Bond-users] Couple questions

Dru andru at treshna.com
Sun Aug 12 18:20:23 EDT 2007

Davor Ocelic wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Here:
>
> 1) Can text on a label be aligned? In the 2.1 DTD I don't see
>    %text_alignment; being supported for label.

Try the justify tag.
It uses the alignment at the moment, but I'm not sure if I have the fill
hack in there make it actually have an effect in GTK.  You may need to
do a xfill="true" in the cell it resides in.

I always just align to the left to match gnome specifications.

> 2) How can I define a default width/height for a window? For
>    example, set default height to 600 but still allow users to
>    make it smaller or bigger if they want (so I can't use min/maxheight).

Not at the moment, I'm not sure how to do this in GTK. Is there a GTK
function that sets the default hight/width of a window/widget etc?

Normally they always strink to the smallest possible size.

> 3) Could bonddb quote field names? I have a table whose column
>    names are pure numbers (like 208, 214, 301).
>
>    This works in postgres if you put them in double quotes, such
>    as "208".
>
>    When I put field name in <field>, I specify it without quotes and
>    then field retrieval works from bond/bonddb, but when I try to
>    write, it fails with:
>
>    <bonddb/bonddbwrite.c:593 bonddb_write_execsql();> Exec :
>      UPDATE po SET 203='120' WHERE po.pn='default'
>
>    Error bonddb/bonddbwrite.c: 615: bonddb_write_execsql():
>      SQL Failed with ERROR:
>       syntax error at or near "203" LINE 1:
>         UPDATE po SET 203='120' WHERE po...

I just changed for updates. does it need it for inserts also?

You need to checkout new version of bonddb from subversion for the fix.