[Oct. 17 Seattle] SAIC note to ANSWER regarding March 21

Seattle Anti-Imperialist Committee mail at seattleaic.org
Tue Feb 23 00:35:39 EST 2010

ANSWER, Seattle:

As you know, the Seattle Anti-Imperialist Committee (SAIC) is an active
anti-war force in the area. We're also a grouping that upholds
non-sectarianism as a vital principle in building the anti-war movement.
As you also know, along with VVAWAI, we invited and welcomed your
participation in the successful October 17 march against the war in
Afghanistan, which you endorsed. And, though we have often been excluded
from ANSWER-led coalitions, we’ve always mobilized people to attend the
events they sponsored through our leafleting campaigns and independent
postering, and we’ll do this again for March 21.

Yet we’ve only now found out by accident that you’ve organized another
coalition. Had we been invited, we would have certainly supported
marching, and we’re happy that a march is going to occur. But we must
protest your sectarianism toward left groups that you have political
differences with.  Along these lines, we ask that you adopt the same
non-sectarian attitude toward us as we have always taken toward you. We
ask that you invite us and other left groups you may have neglected to
invite to the final planning meetings for the March 21st event.

Unite for actions, don’t split! The interests of the movement in this
country demand this of us, as do the oppressed Afghans, Haitians, Iraqis,
Palestinians, and so many others.

In unity and struggle,

Seattle Anti-Imperialist Committee
February 22, 2010