No subject

Wed Oct 7 13:31:28 EDT 2009

ass character, i.e., most people were not long-standing members of the vari=
ous sects in the city. And perhaps the largest group there, VFP, itself has=
 quite a broad political character.
Personally, I thought that the march was incredible. Three miles of constan=
t slogans. And if people with bullhorns let up for a minute, then someone e=
lse would jump in to lead. More, I thought 90% of the chants and slogans we=
re politically strong. You had to love, humbly respect, and be inspired by =
this crowd that marched with us for more than an hour.=20
Returning to our overall united-front effort, I think that we did really a =
lot that was right, and very few things that were wrong. (Comrades may thin=
k of some of the latter for Wednesday night, but right now I can only think=
 of the most minor things.) It was an learning experience that I hope stand=
s us in good stead for future collaborative efforts.
Frank

----- Original Message -----

From: Anton Black=20

To: antiwar at lists.hcoop.net

Sent: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 03:42:50 +0000 (UTC)

Subject: Re: [Oct. 17 Seattle] Quick summary of Oct 17 action (weaimc - 3rd=
    comment)

1--  James-- sorry I messed up and didn't get to you on the speaker's list.=
  List was on first page of outline, I was on second-third pages at Westlak=

2-- Meeting is posted on blog

3-- lets all check over summation, ad any thoughts and I'll post it tommorr=
ow night.  We can also comment on it once posted.

--Anton

protest  U.S.  war  on  Afghanistan  October  17! Seattle info:

http://october17antiwarseattle.blogspot.com/ For updates please

subscribe to our announce list at: