[Oct. 17 Seattle] What do we want on Wednesday's agenda?

chr2eemail at comcast.net chr2eemail at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 19:18:15 EDT 2009

All,

Besides the ongoing fun of mobilizing for the 17th, we still have a few details to worry over. One is rounding up a small sound system. But other than enquiring if anyone has any leads, or asking for volunteers to look for one, this doesn’t seem to be much of an agenda item. Also, I think that we need to start thinking about a M.C. (or two), and about what they’re going to say at the Westlake conclusion. But perhaps it’s better to save this for an early October meeting, and just think about it till then. So what, then, should be on this agenda?
Here’s a couple of ideas, and you all may want to add more:
1) Especially for people not at the first meeting, some kind of brief report---that doesn’t have to go into every detail---on what we’ve decided and done so far; with some emphasis on the fact that we’re striving to make this an event of the entire movement, i.e., people are free to independently build for it as they wish, and to speak at the event.
2) Mobilization would seem to be the main item.
Leafleting and internet work have already begun, and I think we’ll want to talk about expanding leafleting, as well as upcoming events that we might want to organize teams for. In September we’ll also want to start putting up posters, and Patrick has said that he’s working on one. Further, there’s the issue of radio announcements, and articles in Eat the State and Real Change.
Lastly, we didn’t select new co-chairs at the first meeting, so do I dare suggest that we just keep Helen and Anton (or someone they choose as a replacement)?