[Oct. 17 Seattle] Fwd: Our email

chr2eemail at comcast.net chr2eemail at comcast.net
Thu Aug 13 21:41:19 EDT 2009

Anton,

Everyone whom I've talked with is in favor of going ahead with the blog and email that you took trouble set up, so I think that we should go ahead with it---and we can certainly use the info on the little flyer that some of us will have with us this weekend.

Related to this is that the controversy about the last line of the flyer kind of got left up in the air, so I‘ll add my two cents:

I think that saying "real anti-war movement" causes more problems than it solves. For example, are we telling people who work hard to build this movement (whether they’re revolutionaries or reformists) that their efforts are no good, that they’re building something that is not real? This can come across as elitist belittlement of their efforts, and belittlement of the entire existing movement.
But the present anti-war movement is very real, which is why we pay so much attention to it. Further, the various trends in the movement all have their ideas about what it should be like in the future, with each striving to lead the present movement in that direction. So perhaps you mean that if the movement develops in a way that you would like to see it go, then it would become “real”. But the problem is that if the movement develops in some other direction it would then become “real” to those who thought it should go in that direction.
So the sum and size of it is that I think that we should just use “Build the anti-war movement!”
Comradely greetings,
Frank