[Viper-users] Strange behavior

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Mon Oct 5 16:16:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 07:08:13PM +0200, Timm Essigke wrote:

> Hi Davor,
>
> today I am struggling with some behavior I can not understand.
>
> Please take the attached ldif file, run make, run "wget
> http://10.0.1.1/cgi-bin/preseed.cfg?ip=10.0.1.9 -O /tmp/preseed.cfg.new"
> and have a look at the file. For me everything is fine.
>
> Now, comment in cn=time/zone... at the bottom of the file. I get (except
> some moved lines):
>
> If I comment everything in as it is in the file, exp is evaluated
> correctly again.

When you have an error somewhere in overlay specs (the '$' things),
then the current overlay code stops processing the whole entry
and returns it as-is.

This is another thing to improve, but as long as you don't have
an error in the specs, you should be fine.

I've taken a look in the LDIF but didn't spot the error. I might
take another look when I get a chance unless you solve it before.

-doc