[HCoop-Discuss] Deposit/balance policies

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun Jan 6 09:34:17 EST 2008

S. Taylor wrote:
> Low-balance warnings and similar e-mails may not be
> received. If I unexpectedly find my site unavailable I go to
> the members portal. It shows a balance that seems incorrect.
> That's when a link in the sidebar under "Your Account" would
> be useful. I can use it to say "there's an error somewhere."

The pages new members are asked to read are supposed to express the fact
that you should start at the portal support page:
    https://members.hcoop.net/portal/support
to make any kind of request for help, raise any issue, etc..  There
should be no worries about opening a bug inappropriately, as long as you
read through that support page and follow the instructions there.
Perhaps we need an explicit clarification that billing and other
meta-issues should be handled with the same procedure?

For the text in question, see "Getting help from the admins" on:
    http://wiki.hcoop.net/MemberManual/GettingStarted

> Low balance warnings: From Dec. 20-29 my balance was below
> $10; I received no warning e-mail.

That's right.  The reminder program runs on the first day of each
month.  This shouldn't be a problem when we start nagging members when
their balances are fairly far from the point when their accounts would
be frozen.

> Appealing a decision: Current methods are fine; to me they
> imply that I can easily contact the board if I disagree; to
> me they also imply that as a member I can review the board's
> decisions. Are the minutes or board decisions available to
> members online? Can a summary of board discussions on #Hcoop
> be made available?

ntk has posted logs and minutes for official IRC meetings, but we often
have impromptu, unofficial meetings, and I'm afraid it just won't be
feasible to provide audit resources for those meetings.

See: http://hcoop.net/board/