[Hcoop-discuss] public SVN server - Use Apache/WebDAV+SVN

holmesbj at hcoop.net holmesbj at hcoop.net
Tue Jan 3 16:34:56 EST 2006

> If someone provides a detailed set of instructions on making this work
> in our environment (e.g, no installing software from somewhere besides a
> Debian package), then I can implement them.  It would be even better if
> one of the other admins did so, though I should do anything that
> involves changes to domtool.

I don't run debian so I'm not sure, but I think you just need to install
libapache2-svn.  It might also be handy to install subversion-tools.

I'm assuming that will build the mod_dav_svn module and add it to
/etc/apache2/mods-available/ or perhaps to mods-enabled/.

** Both mod_dav and mod_dav_svn need to be enabled.

Once that is done, people just need to be able to add items into their
apache config.  I'm guessing that domtool already supports this kind of
functionality, but I'm not sure.  In a final conf file, the items to
specify a svn repostiory directory would look like this:

<Location /svn/myrepository>
  DAV svn
  SVNPath ~holmesbj/svn/myrepository
</Location>

That's the minimum required to get it working, there are several other
options avialable for setting authorization and authentication.

That's all there is to setting up Apache for SVN.

- Brian