[Hcoop-discuss] Tax-exemption application and hosting set-up fees

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Oct 8 13:45:28 EDT 2005

The co-op has currently been charged two kinds of fees that I haven't
yet distributed among the members:
  - $162.78 in IRS tax exemption application fees to date, paid directly
by Nate.
  - Two months of InterServer fees before the switch-over, at $150.05 each.

Since the InterServer server wasn't benefiting even current members
during those two months, it seems that neither of these two fee
categories is particularly tied to who was a member at the time when we
incurred them.  As a result, I think that, in the interest of
"fairness," it would be a good idea to divide the combined $462.89
charge over the next few months.  Each month, that month's share would
be divided evenly among the members at that time.  This also has the
advantage of avoiding sudden, large charges, which people tend not to
like. :-)

Does that sound like a good plan?  If so, would anyone like to suggest a
good number of months to split this over?  (The number shouldn't be too
high, as our bank account has already been debited for the hosting charges.)