[Bond-users] release update

Dru dru at treshna.com
Wed Oct 31 17:02:11 EDT 2007

I found maintaining the gnu build system a bit of a nightmare. They kept
bringing out
new versions that were not backwards compatible, and every time i needed
the build
process to do something new or a little different it required a fare
amount of hacking
which could of been done with a few lines of python code.  As well as
support for
windows isn't great with gnu build tools.
Though the one downside of scons is it doesnt make that good a use of
libtool.

If someone out there is familure with the gnu build system and make, and
can make
the build files for it, I would be happy to accept it into the main tree.