[Bond-users] Couple questions

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Sun Aug 12 21:45:41 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 10:20:23AM +1200, Dru wrote:

> I always just align to the left to match gnome specifications.

Oh, good to know. Well, in fact, my situation is this: I want to
visually create something like this:

 A:    _____
   AA: _____
   AB: _____
   AC: _____

So right-align would be useful. But I could also use left-align
if I changed color or font to somehow make it obvious that AA, AB
and AC are subelements of A.

> > 2) How can I define a default width/height for a window? For
> >    example, set default height to 600 but still allow users to
> >    make it smaller or bigger if they want (so I can't use min/maxheight).
>
> Not at the moment, I'm not sure how to do this in GTK. Is there a GTK
> function that sets the default hight/width of a window/widget etc?
>
> Normally they always strink to the smallest possible size.

Yes, it's a different function for widget and window, but both would be
very useful. Here:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-set-size-request
  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-default-size

> > 3) Could bonddb quote field names? I have a table whose column
> >    names are pure numbers (like 208, 214, 301).
>
> I just changed for updates. does it need it for inserts also?
>
> You need to checkout new version of bonddb from subversion for the fix.

I think in inserts you never explicitly name fields, right? You just say
insert into TABLE values (v1,v2,v3...)? In that case nothing has to be
done for inserts.

Thanks!
-doc